Before the Trolls run free

I am not a Nazi in the sense of ye old Nazi Germany. I am a Nazi Nerd, a Nerd who is passionate about tech. I possess no racist qualities it's not in my nature. The nearest I get is geek chik rage. Just because you wear a pair of fucking glasses with no lenses does not mean you're intelligent, it makes you look like a fectard. And if you step up to me I'll shove your fucking iphone up your arse and hammer it in with your fecking 80's retro trainers. Just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I can't start some shit.

Sunday 30 October 2011

Thai Floods ... Hard Drive Prices are fooking nuts....


Thai Floods have been absolutely rocking the tech news however me having to deal with the absolute outrage at work by upity customers is beyond a joke.  

The prices have been fluctuating on an hourly basis.  Our suppliers have been telling everyone "limited stocks",  "5 per customer".  Then we have the onslaught of suppliers promising stock at a certain price then raising it by a shocking amount.

Customer A,  lets call him tit-weasel for sake of ease.  Tit-weasel purchased 100,  yes 100 drives through our website,  now we don't tend to carry that quantity in stock and usually are listed directly from the suppliers.  The order was passed on to the suppliers and they contacted us straight away saying they could only provide 2 drives at the price stated on our site and would only be able to supply a further 3 at more then triple the original price.  Cue the call to tit-weasel.  Jesus fucking christ.  The guy swore at me at least 10 times saying it was a "fucking disgrace",  apparently he is going to take court action as a purchase online constitutes a legal contract.  Actually it doesn't.  Only when we accept his order it is a legal contract nothing more.  The thing is the guy simply didn't believe me.  I ended up sending him links,  but as I was looking for news links I came across this little beauty,  this is possibly the worst ill informed article I have ever read.


Let me put it this way,  a 2 TB drive 2 weeks ago was as little as roughly £70.  Current pricing as of friday is around the £180 to £270.  No further stock of drives until at least February,  and several quarters for this to be remedied.  So if you need drives,  suck it up,  try and live with what you have.  Because this is long haul.  Enjoy the update we had from a major UK distro on friday.



My thoughts go to the Thai people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment